August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Burrito Casserole

This dinner seriously could not be any easier and tastes pretty darn good too! I made this for just my husband and I with leftovers for the next day. The portions are pretty small but you could make this for a big group easily.

4 frozen bean and cheese burritos
1 can red or green enchilada sauce
1/2 can cream of chicken
1/4 c. sour cream
cheddar/mexican cheese
diced tomatoes
chopped lettuce
diced avocados

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish, I use a bread pan when just making small portions like this a lot. Layer burritos on bottom. Mix enchilada sauce, cream of chicken and sour cream together and pour over top of burritos. Layer with cheese next, as much as you'd like or a little if you want to be healthy. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Scoop out onto plate and top with tomatoes, lettuce and avocados.

I used the red enchilada sauce, but next time I'd like to try the green. Red was a little too spicy for my pregnant body. :)

No comments: