August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Friday, September 12, 2008

Banana Pudding

Hi Ladies! I am back, finally! I have the slowest internet connection on the planet, so I don't do much on the internet for the time being.

Anyway, this is a recipe I came to love durin my mission to North Carolina. I think it embellishes regular banana pudding just enough to make it scrumptious. Enjoy!

Condensed milk
1 1/2 C. cold water
1 vanilla pudding mix (small, instant box)
1 C. (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas sliced and dipped in lemon juice (to prevent browning/discoloration)

* Combine milk and water. Add pudding mix and beat until well blended. Chill 5 min. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 1 C. pudding mixture into 2 1/2 qt. round glass serving bowl. Top with 1/3 each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat twice ending with pudding. Chill thoroughly.
* Tip: just put a little bit on bottom of bowl or there won't be enough. It works better in taller bowls.

No comments: