August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Friday, July 30, 2010

No Berries (sorry), but Cake/Brownies/Sugar Cookies and Delicious!

I've made fun cakes before, but this was the stinkin' funnest thing ever! So I had to pass it on. This is sugar cookie fries, and cupcake/brownie "hamburgers" which are so stinkin' delicious! The idea is on http://www.bakerella.com/ in the cupcake section. She made them for Father's Day, I made them for my husband's birthday, so I chose to make a big one too, it's about the size of a real cheeseburger.
These were easy and fun, and bakerella has a template for a fry holder, and tray, etc. too. I did my own by looking at hers because my printer wouldn't work. Anyway, for the burgers, you make yellow cake cupcakes, and a pan of brownies. The brownies you cut into circles the size of the cupcakes using a biscuit/cookie cutter. Then you slice the cupcake in half, insert the brownie, do red/yellow/green frosting, put the top on, and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top! It's easy and doesn't require much patience at all!!
Sugar cookie fries, with frosting dips. The fries are so cool! I recommend cutting them just under an inch wide and cutting them in half after they cook because the cut texture really helps with the fry look! See bakerella for further instructions.
So cool! I think I'll do them for my son's school treats for his birthday if he's allowed to bring some in!

No comments: