August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hucklebuckle

Hucklebuckle

My mom makes this a lot during huckleberry season, and I don't know where she got the original recipe. I have done it with blueberries and it works like a charm, so my next try will involve raspberries or blackberries. As is the rule in my house, serve it warm with vanilla ice cream!

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
cream together in a bowl, then add:
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
spread in an 8x8 square pan

In a separate bowl, combine:
2 1/2 cups huckleberries
3/4 cup sugar
pour on top of batter

Mix together 1/2 cup boiling water and 1 Tbsp butter and pour over berries. DO NOT MIX!

Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes. Serves about 6.

1 comment:

SJerZGirl said...

This looks fantastic. I have just linked to it in my blog about Huckleberries. I hope you don't mind.

You can find me at http://sjerzgirl-frustratedfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/05/huckleberries.html.