August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Friday, December 7, 2007

A yummy Easy Salad and a Spinach Salad

Thought I'd get December going and post my two salads from this months get together. (The Easy Salad is the one I made, and the other is the one I planned to make, but ran out of time.) The recipes tonight were like heaven! And I can't wait to see what kind of recipes you others come up with . . .

By the way, we forgot to decide on a name. I'll be emailing you all to get your input and then we'll narrow it down and put a poll on here to make a final decision.

Easy Salad

1 bag romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
1 can mandarin oranges
Slivered almonds

Toss with Brianna Poppy Seed Dressing.


Spinach Salad

1 pound baby spinach
1-2 bunches red leaf lettuce
½ cup grated Swiss cheese
1 package sliced mushrooms
1 pound cooked bacon, crumbled
1 red onion, sliced

Mix together and toss with the following dressing just before serving:

1 tablespoon poppy seeds
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup oil
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt

No comments: