August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pumpkin Pie Cake

Thought I would share this yummy recipe. My mother-in-law made it while we were home for Thanksgiving and I just couldn't get enough.

1 yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
1/2 cup margarine
1 egg

Mix and press into a 9x13 pan. Make your favorite pumpkin pie filling. Pour over cake mixture.

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine

Pour over cake and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I don't have a favorite pumpkin pie filling . . . can I just use the canned stuff, or do you have a better idea?

This looks yummy!

Jennifer V said...

Actually I'm not sure what my mother-in-law does. I think pumpkin pie filling implies that you have to make it like you would put in a pie, but I really have no idea. I'll have to call her and ask.