This is the first time I tried this recipe and it turned out great. Enjoy!
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 C. water
8-10 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1 C. grated cheese
10 3/4 oz. can of cream of Chicken, mushroom, or celery
1 tsp. paprika
1. Dissolve cream of tartar in water, add potatoes, toss together and then drain.
2. Place half of the potatoes in the crock pot, spinkle with onions, salt and pepper, and half of the cheese.
3. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
4. Spoon soup over the top and sprinkle with parika.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4 hours.