August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Roasted Potatoes

This isn't the recipe I'm bringing to the swap, but it is one of my favorite ways to cook potatoes, so I thought I'd share. It's SO easy and DEE-licious! You can make really yummy yams/sweet potatoes this way also (just omit the ranch dressing).

potatoes (enough to feed your family)
olive oil (or vegetable oil for us poor college students)
dry ranch dressing mix

Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks. Place in a gallon sized Ziplock bag. Pour enough oil in to coat potatoes. Sprinkle in some ranch dressing powder. Zip the bag and shake to coat each potato. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until potatoes are tender and golden. Enjoy, all!!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I tried this with sweet potatoes and replaced the ranch mix with a little garlic and salt and it was great!