August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spinach Bake

I've made some adjustments to the recipe...when I made it for the swap, the cheese on top got WAY too dark. I think tin foil will solve that problem. To turn this into a main dish, add cooked chicken and crumbled bacon.

1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/4 pounds fresh spinach
1/4 cup flour
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup butter
2 TBSP. parsley
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 cup + mozzarella cheese

Saute onion. Chop spinach. Mix all remaining ingredients, except for cheese. Combine with spinach and onion in an 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake 40-50 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes, until cheese turns golden brown.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Hey, I am 4th Ward Alum!

How do I get in on this blog????

Kirsten said...

Is that Becca? Fun! Send your email address to me at kirstenspring@yahoo.com and I will send you an author invite so you can post with us.

Becca said...

will do!

Casey and Lisa said...

This dish sounds really good! I'm having a hard time imagining what kind of consistensy it has or how it will taste, I guess I should try and make it!

Jennifer V said...

Lisa, it's kind of like a quiche but with less egg. When it's done, you can slice it and the squares stay stuck together...if that gives you any idea about consistency. :)