Monday, April 27, 2009
This is a delicious pasta dish from a restaurant called Maggiano's in Atlanta. My sister made it for a me a few weeks ago and I am now a huge fan. My only advice is cook it according to directions, but then take it off the heat and wait for it to cool down and thicken a little bit. I am also giving you the trimmed down recipe, enough for 4 people. (Or 2 at dinner and 2 for lunch!)
2 T. olive oil
1/2 package button mushrooms
1/2 onion, chopped
1 t. garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1/2 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 c. chicken stock
1/4 c. Marsala wine
1/8 c. White wine
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 lb. rigatoni pastas
1/2 T. fresh basil, chopped
1 T. parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. garlic butter
1. Heat oil.
2. Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic. Brown lightly.
3. Season with lots of salt and pepper.
4. Add chicken.
5. Add chicken stock and both wines. Cook until reduced by half.
6. Add cream and bring to a boil.
7. Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
8. Cook rigatoni al dente.
9. Add drained rigatoni to chicken mixture in pan and finish with adding basil, parmesan cheese, garlic butter and salt & pepper.
10. Place heaping amount in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.