August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Whipped Topping from Powdered Milk

I've been using my food storage powdered milk for everything except for drinking. Bryninn and I made this to go with our strawberries the other night, and it's pretty good!

Mix 1/2 cup powdered milk with 1/2 cup cold water. Beat to soft peak stage (4 minutes at medium-high). Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract, and beat 6-7 minutes at the same speed. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat for one minute at medium-high and enjoy!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi, I made this recipe, and it didn't beat to soft folds. I used the Church powdered milk too. Do ou have any suggestions. Right Now I am trying to freeze it up a little to see if it gets thicker.. Do you have any suggestions on tnis.

Thanks.. Jackie

TheFarmGirl said...

Try putting in a little less water or a little more powdered milk. A tiny pinch of cornstarch might help, too.