August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Friday, October 3, 2008

Halloween Tacos

My Grandma LOVED Halloween. Then my mom loved it, which is probably why I love it so much as well. Tacos are a Halloween tradition at our house. We make them every year, and we make them just the way Grandma made them. She died about a year and a half ago and I miss her like crazy, but carrying on her love for the spooky holiday is a way to stay connected. Plus it's just so much fun. More recipes to come, but I thought I'd post this one while I was thinking about it.

Ground beef

Potatoes (somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 a medium potato per pound of meat)

Taco Seasoning (I like the Taco Bell brand)

Taco Shells

Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese and any other toppings you enjoy.

Shred raw potatoes into raw ground beef in a skillet. The potatoes help the meat stick together in the shell, while also adding bulk to the meat, making it easier to cook for a lot of people. Brown meat and add taco seasoning according to packet directions.

Chop toppings. Toast shells on broil for just a couple minutes. I always burn one batch, so make sure you keep an eye on them. Just broil long enough to make them crispy. Serve.

(Love the new look Leslie! Well done!)

1 comment:

Porter Family said...

These are AWESOME tacos, Kirsten! I miss Halloween parties with you.