August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Marshmallow Brownies with Chocolate Frosting

2 squares butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/3 cup cocoa (Saco, Hersheys)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 large package marshmallows

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time and then add everything else. Bake at 350 in a 9x13 inch pan for 20 - 25 minutes. Add marshmallows and bake for 2 minutes (until melted not brown)

Frosting
In sauce pan combine:
1/2 square butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup canned milk (can use 1% or higher)
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Frost over the warm marshmallows. You can freeze until cool about two hours and then cut. Also you can make a week or so ahead of time and they stay great in the freezer.

Great theme for this month! I might have another recipe to share if I can find my cookbooks among all the boxes surrounding me. May I make a request? I have the recipe, but I think Katrina should share her Chocolate Dipped Brownies with those of you who are new. So Katrina if you are reading this, I think you should add that one . . . or let me know and I'll add it for you. (I already have it typed up because I'm putting it into my family cookbook and taking the credit for all the chocolatey goodness! Hope you don't mind.)

1 comment:

Jennifer V said...

Ahh...brownies with marshmallows. It's a perfect combination! My mother-in-law makes these every time the family gets together and they disappear so fast!