August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Best Bread Machine Dough

Hey Girls! This bread dough recipe is the one I use for EVERYTHING. It makes the fluffiest, yummiest dinner rolls and breadsticks! I even make cinnamon rolls and calzones with it. This recipe is written on an index card and taped inside my kitchen cupboard because I use it so often.

2 TBSP sugar
1 tsp salt
3+ cups flour
2 tsp yeast
1 1/8 cup water *
1/3 cup powdered milk *
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 egg

Put all ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Let it do the work for you! When the timer goes off, take the dough out and shape it into 12 rolls. Turn oven on lowest setting for 1 minute, then turn it off. Place rolls in oven to rise for 15-20 minutes. Turn oven to 350 degrees and bake until golden brown. If you don't have a bread machine, I know you can figure out a way to use this recipe, but don't ask me. I don't make dough without my bread machine!

*If you don't have powdered milk, substitute 7/8 cup milk and decrease water to 1/4 cup.

No comments: