August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Monday, April 21, 2008

4 Bean Chilled Salad

Hi girls! My husband actually hates beans, but I wanted to post this anyway. My neighbor brought it to a BBQ the other day and I really loved it, hopefully you will too. It is so colorful and yummy.

2 cans green beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can yellow/green beans (also called wax beans)
1/2 green pepper, diced
diced purple onion (optional)

Drain beans. Combine with green pepper and onion. Cover with following sauce:

1/2 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup apple cider vinegar (or regular kind)
1/2-3/4 cup sugar to taste

Soak overnight or for at least 8 hours.

2 comments:

Casey and Lisa said...

I forgot to add that this should soak in fridge so it is nice and "chilled". Whoops.

Liz said...

Lisa,

How is your family doing? Have you had your baby yet?