August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ham BBQ

Hi everyone! This isn't exactly a summer salad or vegetable dish, but it's a great summer dinner because it's easy, cheap and doesn't require the oven. It has been SO HOT that just the thought of using the oven gives me heat stroke.

My husband's family makes Ham BBQ every time they are together. He grew up in Pennsylvania, and apparently it's a local thing. When I joined the family, I was very scared to try it. I've even been hesitant to post this recipe. It sounds strange but it really is delicious, I promise!

1 pound thin sliced deli ham
2 tablespoons butter
ketchup
sweet relish (dill works too, though)

Chop the ham into small pieces. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add ham and squirt in enough ketchup to coat the meat. Add some relish (I have no idea how much---maybe two spoonfuls??). Cook until the sauce starts to bubble. Serve on hamburger buns.

No comments: