August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Basic BBQ Rub

This one doesn't exactly go with the theme, but it's great for summer. Last night, we had a BBQ and there was a request for me to post the recipe on the blog. It's kind of spicy, but full of flavor as well. I got this rub from my America's Test Kitchen cookbook. It's my new favorite!

1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup salt (I use coarse salt)
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

Mix together and sprinkle over your meat. Then rub in with your fingers. Cook the meat however you want to. Leftover rub can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a month.

1 comment:

Jennifer V said...

Yay! Thanks, Kirsten! Rich can't wait to eat this again.

Oh, and I left a container at your house. Darn, guess I'll have to come back over to get it. :)