August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Exotic Chicken Salad

No, this isn't my favorite thing to make, but it is a brand new recipe I found that I wanted to share anyways. It is a remake almost of Mt. Fugiyama or Hawaiian Haystacks. You know that Mormon dinner that can feed a crowd for $5! Well, it has a lot of the same ingredients, but I LOVE this. You can heat it up or serve it cold. It tastes great over rice or in a roll for sandwich, or put it over lettuce for a salad. Try it if you like.

4 c. cooked (I grilled) chicken, cut-up or shredded
1 c. diced celery
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
1 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained VERY well
1 c. slivered almonds
1 16 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 c. shredded coconut

Dressing:
1 1/2 c. mayonnaise (I use the new olive oil mayo)
1-2 T. curry powder
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. minced onion, dried or fresh

Mix & combine with the chicken mixture. Serve however you like. My husband loved this.

No comments: