August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Keri

I’m Keri Christensen. Sorry I don’t have any recent pictures of me. My last ones that I have available are from my wedding day. Anyways, here is a little information about my husband and me. I grew up in Twin Falls, ID and Mike grew up in L.A., CA and Mesa, AZ. We both ended up going up to BYU-Idaho in the Fall 2004 and ended up in a dance class together. We had also met through our roommates but having the dance class encouraged us to talk to each other. We were married the in August 2005 in the Bountiful, Utah Temple. We both graduated with our bachelors last July from BYU-Idaho and then moved up here to Moscow. Mike is currently getting his Master’s in History and I work at a learning center teaching toddlers.

I’ve had several cooking disasters in my lifetime so it is hard to come up with just one. Since being an adult my biggest disaster was when I was trying to cook some pinto beans. It was a negative degree day in Rexburg so I decided Chili sounded really good. I started cooking the beans and put the water on high (first mistake). My husband called and said he needed to be picked up from school. I went to go pick him up without turning off the burner (second mistake). I was expecting to come straight home but I forgot and my husband and I went to go get a video (third mistake). By the time we got home our house was completely filled with smoke. I was lucky that it didn’t start a fire. We ended up will all the windows and doors open with the weather being negative degrees. It was a very VERY cold mistake!!!

No comments: