August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kalia


Well, I'm Kalia and I've wanted to be a mom my whole life. I had a few ideas of what else I might want to be from schools asking growing up, like a teacher, or apparently a nurse, or my senior year I thought maybe an accountant, and my second year of college an interior designer. But, I was never really passionate about anything besides being a mom. So, now I am a mom and I love it. I am not great at it, but I want to get better and am glad that I can stay home with my kids to be their mom and keep improving. I got married in February of 2003, and gained a bunch of weight and have now been big for about 5 years. I hope to get fit someday and be normal sized again and feel good again (I just need some self control :-) which I've found harder to come by than I'd like it to be). I graduated with a Bachelor of University Studies with a focus on Interior Design from ISU in May of 2005 six months pregnant with my first son Atley. Now I am a mom of 2 beautiful boys, as Silas joined our family in February. I had a C-section with Atley and was glad to have a successful V-BAC with Silas (with a 3rd degree tear that still beat the pants of my C-section!). I like to weave tapestries, scarves, blankets, curtains, etc. I took weaving for 3 semesters in college and also bought a loom that I've been storing for a while since we have been short on space for such things. I hope to find a place to use it in my next apartment. I also like to sew, scrapbook, and be crafty, and I make lists for everything. My husband graduated this year and we will now start real life with a real income in Arizona. I hope to be good at budgeting real month to month money so we can live happily and pay off our student debt as fast as possible.

I am not a great cook, but I pulled off a great meal for graduation. We had Strawberry Pretzel Jello, Tortilla Snack Stacks, 8-layer dip, Homemade potato salad, and burgers, and besides the grilling, I did it all by myself. I was pretty amazed and proud of myself. Everything was delicious! I guess I can't think of a worst cooking disaster right now. I've had some issues, and I'm sure I would have had a huge disaster if I ever tried anything difficult especially with meat, but I haven't been very diligent in cooking my husband wonderful things. (I hope I haven't ranted too long, if I have, sorry!)

2 comments:

Becca said...

mmmm that looks good!

Liz said...

When are you moving to AZ?