August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Monday, May 5, 2008

Kirsten

So a little about me: I love springtime, Halloween, getting emails, scrapbooking, playing the piano, singing in the car, reading blogs, coloring, walking down the street for ice-cream, traveling, camping, discovering fun books, the rain, Chinese food, getting my hair cut, sewing, playing with my boys, having people over, making desserts, vacuuming (it's just so rewarding when you have light carpet!), the beach, making lists, playing games and cooking for my family.

I hate seafood, raw onions, snow on my roads (why doesn't it stay in the mountains where it belongs), moving, drying my hair (it's a waste of time), buying gas, unpacking from vacations, and Baby Einsteins Language Nursery. I like Baby Einstein in general, but Language Nursery is horribly dull and Charlie LOVES it and wants to watch it all the time.

I will have been married to Mike for 5 years this July and we have two wonderfully mischievous little boys, Charlie (2) and Peter (7 weeks). I graduated from Idaho State in 2002 with a degree in Elementary Education and although I haven't used the degree since Charlie was born, I still keep my teaching certificate up to date just in case. I grew up in Utah, California, Alaska, and Idaho and I am completely surprised that Idaho is where I ended up staying. We'll probably stick close by here for a while, although Mike and I both have a secret ambition to move to the Northeast (like Maine or Vermont) for just a couple of years. I also have a secret dream to one day play Cruella de Ville at Disneyland, but I don't think I'll ever be skinny enough to do it . . . maybe I could pull off Ursula . . . ;-)

My worst cooking disaster was in 2000 and it involved a slow cooker recipe for teriyaki chicken. I have no idea what went wrong but is was absolutely disgusting. It didn't look good, it didn't smell good and it definitely didn't taste good. My roommate Mindy will attest to that. Oh and there was also the time I burnt the Jello . . . don't ask.

No comments: