August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Monday, May 19, 2008

Peanut Chicken

I don't have a favorite recipe, but here is one of my favorite dinners to make. I already brought it to our 30 minute meals month, so some of you already have it, but I never posted it here. It is easy, yummy, and pretty healthy. You can vary the amount of peanut butter according to how much you like peanut butter and how fatty you want it. This is really a half recipe but it feeds my little family and there are usually leftovers.


Peanut Chicken
2 chicken breasts, in bite-size pieces
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2-4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup rice, cooked
1/2 bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
handful of peanuts (optional)
salt, pepper, garlic, and soy sauce to taste
Cook the chicken in a little oil with some salt and pepper. When it’s done, stir in the vegetables, tomato sauce, and peanut butter. I also add a little garlic and soy sauce. Let it bubble until the vegetables are hot. Serve over rice with some peanuts sprinkled over the top.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

This is totally one of my favorites already. I always have these items in my pantry and it just hits the spot whenever I make it. Thanks Tessa!