August: Potlucks!

August Theme: Potlucks. What do you take with you?

Monday, May 5, 2008

Tessa


I liked Kirsten's post so I'm going to copy her idea of listing things you love. I love ice cream, reading, the smell of babies, cooking, writing goofy poems, blowing bubbles, summer, dancing, taking classes, going for walks, dressing up my baby girl and taking pictures of her. I have to admit that I cook for purely selfish reasons, because I love to eat good food, and not out of kindness to my husband (who I love dearly :).

My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years. We have one baby girl, Jeanette, who is almost eleven months old and extremely active and curious. She keeps me busy chasing after her, especially now that she is walking really well. My husband is in law school and I am working on a Masters in Literature. Just to give you an idea of some of what I do, I am currently finishing up a paper about the theme of sacrifice and death in Harry Potter. I grew up in Seattle, Collin in Salt Lake City; we don't know where we'll settle down after graduating next year.

My worst cooking disaster occurred when I was about 11. My mom asked me to make dinner since she had to go somewhere. She had planned for lasagna and explained to me how to make it. I thought that I could do it since I often helped her with meals. Then she left. It would have been fine, except that I couldn't find the tomato sauce. I looked everywhere. Finally, rummaging through the fridge, I saw my dad's bottle of hot sauce. My dad loves hot sauce and dumps it like ketchup all over everything. I had never eaten it. It looked like it was mostly tomatoes, so I figured it was close enough. When the "lasagna" came out of the oven and we sat down to eat it, I realized pretty quickly that it wasn't close enough. Only my dad ate it.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Jeanette looks so big and so cute Tessa! And I can't believe she's walking already!